- Purpose: Any personal information we collect about you will be associated with a function or activity of Howick Baptist Church. We will make clear to you what this information is used for.
- Methods: We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with your knowledge and consent.
- Use of information: In general, any information we collect from you is kept for the following reasons:
- To enable authorised staff and ministry leaders to know about and communicate with you, and to facilitate and provide for your care and spiritual growth
- To enable ministry leaders to communicate with other members of their groups
- To provide summarised, de-identified information for the management and decision-making processes of this church, or to our denominational body
- Limits: We will never hand out or use any information about you for purposes other than what is specified above and for other compatible purposes, unless we first get your consent. The only exception to this is in a situation where the disclosure is permitted by law.
- Duration: We will only retain your personal information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes specified above.
- Access: Your information belongs to you and if you need to access, make changes or update any information that we hold you are most welcome to do so.
- Security: We will protect your personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- Policies: We will make readily available information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Howick Baptist Church are committed to the above principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.